Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fairly Low Lady


While on my visit in California in the United States of America, I stumbled across a static Nissan 350Z. The Nissan 350Z (known as the Nissan Fairlady Z Z33 in Japan) is a two seat sports car that was manufactured by Nissan from 2003 to 2009 and marks the fifth generation. The 350z went into production in late 2002 and debuted as a 2003 model. 



Meet Tommy Han, owner of this lowly 2005 350Z Roadster, currently manager at Shabuway cooking up Japanese style Hot Pots. Tommy can not only serve a hot pot but surely dish out a hot 350Z! It all started about five years ago when he got the car off the lot after high school and since then it's been a blast. People giving compliments and confused looks all the time. 

From the beginning Tommy knew what he wanted this car to be: Simple and clean but at the same time classy, all while turning heads as he passes by. The car was built with parts that came across as good deals and parts that he thought would fit the overall look of classy and simple.
Tommy begins, "As for the wheels, the Kranzeborphes 9.5 +17 fronts and 10.5 +2 wrapped in 225/40/18 and 245/40/18 really caught my eye when I saw another Z with those wheels many years ago so I always had a soft spot for Kranze because of the classy feel they had to me". I'm loving the subtle flushness of this stance with negative camber set at -5 up front and -6 at rear, "I do however miss tucking like back in the day" he laughs.
He continues "I've never been in a car show however, never really thought my car was that crazy enough to enter. I would like to be that one car that goes to shows but is only seen outside of them. "
"As for being a daily the streets here are like anywhere else, just got to take the potholes and bumps and the very often upper control arm smacking against the strut tower, the groans and grunts and painful stares of passengers and passebys, the smell of burn, scraped metal, and the satisfaction of driving a car that I've wanted since I first started driving."
Individuality is very important and that is why Tommy wanted it to stand apart from the rest. "That's why I chose the roadster and not the coupe. Also installed a 101mm Greddy SP2 exhaust keeping it quick, sporty and subtle but at the same time breaking necks as I zoom past friends in a shower of sparks".

As far as future plans, none just yet. All I can say is, watch this space....


1 comment:

  1. Nice work Arief . ��
    Great read and great pics . International

    ReplyDelete